Christmas In Langford
While this year may look a little different than years past, we are thrilled to present a number of safe, family-friendly and festive Christmas events to help us all celebrate the season in Langford!
Whether you enjoy the sparkle of Christmas lights throughout the City, the inspiring feeling of supporting local businesses, or capturing the ultimate family holiday photo, there’s something this season for everyone! Engage your holiday spirit and experience Christmas the Langford way!
Horse and Carriage Tours
Date: November 27 to December 20 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Time: 6pm to 9pm
Location: Veterans Memorial Park
With the recent changes to the Provincial COVID restrictions carriage tours are still allowed to operate as long as ALL members on the tour are from your own household. NO sharing of carriages over multiple households is allowed. In addition, all guests are required to wear a mask. Thank you for your cooperation.
Embrace the joy of the holiday season with a festive horse and carriage ride by Victoria Carriage Tours. The perfect opportunity to enjoy the seasonal lights and decorations along Goldstream Avenue. Tours are $45 per carriage and seat up to 6 people from within your bubble. Tours are approximately 20 minutes and leave from Veterans Memorial Park, travel to City Hall along Goldstream Avenue and return to the park. Reservations are required. Please be advised that we cannot process cancellations or refunds once reservations are made, however you can gift your reservation to another person. To reserve, please call 250-857-0118. This activity will sell out quickly!
COVID-19 Considerations: Hand sanitization will be mandatory before boarding the carriage. Should you require a blanket or other comfort items, please bring your own. Carriages will receive a full sanitization in-between the rides. Line ups will be required to physical distance, and participants are encouraged to avoid arriving early to decrease gathering.
From Victoria Carriage Tours:
- Masks are mandatory for all passengers.
- Plexiglass divider between driver and guests in all carriages.
- Voice Amplifier system on each carriage to ensure guests can clearly hear their driver.
- After each tour we sanitize the carriage.
- Frequent sanitization of all high touch points including point of sale location, payment terminals and brochures.
- Hand sanitizer and soap and water available.
- Enhanced guest check-in procedures: health verification.
- Enhanced staff member screening for illness or need to self-isolate.
Wreath Making Crafternoons
Date: November 28 to December 13 Saturdays and Sundays
Time: 11:00am and 1:30pm
Location: Veterans Memorial Park
Join us at Veterans Memorial Park for another year of free wreath making with The Good Party! With the help of one of the fantastic instructors, build your own wild, fresh wreath that will keep throughout the holiday season! All skill levels are welcome to enjoy this free class. Click here to register a space. Advance registration is mandatory.
COVID-19 Considerations: Craft tables will be divided based on participating “bubbles”. Masks are highly encouraged for all participants. Hand sanitizer and disposable masks will be made available. Staff will complete a full sanitization in between classes. Maximum 25 people per session. Reservations will be required for contact tracing.
Due to the updated Public Health order, wreath workshops scheduled for Saturday, November 28th / Sunday, November 29th / Saturday, December 5th / Sunday, December 6th have been changed to a scheduled pick up at Veterans Memorial Park and DIY complete at home video link.
If you are registered for one of the workshops that has been changed we will,
- Send you an email, via Eventbrite, to let you know about these changes.
- Package up all the necessary wreath supplies into individual “to-go” kits. (Yes, even the greenery!)
- Meet you at your registered time at Veterans Memorial Park so you can pick up your Wreath Kits! (Note: You can arrange to pick up for your whole registered group OR individuals in your group may pick up their own provided that we have their name on the registration. If you need to update your listed names, please send us an email!)
- At the time of pick up, you will be provided with the link to a private video tutorial that we’ve created. With this, you’ll be guided through the exact same workshop in the comfort of your own home!
- Finally, we’ll share all the amazing creations on social media if you tag @cityoflangford and @thegoodparty so we can still spread the holiday cheer together!
We can’t wait to craft with you soon!
Date: November 29 to December 14
Show off your artistic side by entering in Langford’s colouring contest! Pick one of two designs found in the Goldstream Gazette to colour and you’ll be entered to win a prize to a local Langford business.
Date: October 31- January 3
Time: multiple times available throughout the day.
Location: City Centre Park
Is there anything more Canadian than skating in the fresh outdoors? Dust off your skates and hit the ice all season long. Pre-registration is required call 250-391-1738 for more details, or at http://www.eagleridgecentre.com/facilities/ice-arena
COVID-19 Considerations: See City Centre Park and Langford Lanes COVID-19 Health and Safety Information at http://www.eagleridgecentre.com/facilities/ice-arena
Christmas in the Village
Date: November 28 to January 8
Time: All day, every day
Location: Bear Mountain, Ponds Landing Plaza
Jump into a Hallmark movie with the most Instagrammable holiday spot around. Immerse yourself in a cozy, small-town Christmas experience complete with full size living Christmas trees, must-see light installations, a vintage white Christmas truck and an Instagram wall. The perfect way to snap some awesome holiday pictures to share with your family and friends near and far.
COVID-19 Considerations: While enjoying the installations, individuals must abide by physical distancing protocols. The use of masks is highly encouraged.
Date: Nov 20 to Jan 8
Location: Belmont Market
Explore the Mistletoe Walk at Belmont Market complete with a seasonal Instagram wall. The perfect activity to snap a holiday photo while out shopping, meeting a friend for a meal or picking up a festive hot beverage from a local café. Be sure to share your images on Instagram using #iamlangford